HarvestShare collects and redistributes seedlings to work towards our goal of reducing food insecurity in our communities.
We share plants with:
- backyard and community gardeners who will grow and donate some of the produce to local food assistance providers
- food insecure families who are unable to purchase growing materials because of cost
- programs which support gardening in schools and economically insecure communities
There is not a monetary cost for the seedlings but we do expect recipients to donate some of their harvest or volunteer to help HarvestShare in other ways. As gardeners, we understand it is difficult to predict Mother Nature’s bounty. Don’t want to commit? A donation of $3/plant is suggested and will help support our community outreach programs. Unable to contribute? That’s okay too. We also welcome monetary donations at our events and online.
Seedling Drop-off Info
- Register as a seedling donor on the Volunteer Page.
- Make sure all plants are clearly labeled and hardened off.
- Bring your plants to at any of the locations below between 5/8 to 5/25 8am-8pm.
- Please let us know with a note or email who you are so we can thank you for your donation!
|Burtonsville||14721 Claude Lane, Silver Spring||Leave at top of driveway (close to house)|
|Layhill||14304 Morton Hall Rd, Silver Spring||Leave plants on driveway in front of garage|
|Rockville||13809 Gingko Terrace, Rockville||Leave plants on front porch or walkway|
|Darnestown||14805 Braemar Crescent Way, Darnestown||Leave plants next to HarvestShare sign|
Seedling Share Events-To be held RAIN OR SHINE
- Register to pick up seedlings on the Volunteer Page.
- Pick up your plants to at any of the locations below.
Silver Spring (Layhill area)
Sat 5/21 10am-2pm
14304 Morton Hall Rd
Rockville (near Universities at Shady Grove)
Tues 5/24 4-7pm
Wed 5/25 4-7pm
13809 Ginkgo Terrace
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com